Re: [lx90] Re: new member with question: LX90 vs. LX200 10"

  • alanwaldo@aol.com
    Message 1 of 14 , Sep 1, 2001
      In a message dated 08/31/2001 11:53:31 PM Central Daylight Time,
      tklausin@... writes:

      > The only software I have that will run the scope is
      > the low end version of Starrynight that came with the LX90. I plan
      > on trying it this weekend, then I need to make a decision on what

      Tom, you may already be aware of it but you can download a free demo of
      Skymap Pro that will control the LX90 and/or the LX200. The demo version
      will control the scope if you wished to test it out.

      <A HREF="http://www.skymap.com/">http://www.skymap.com/</A>

      Alan, W4WMM

    • bobrose500@home.com
      Message 2 of 14 , Sep 1, 2001
        Dennis,
        Push the up and down arrows on the autostar when question are ask. I
        use them, and that make me seem smarter. Wait to you start doing
        outings for schools. I'll give you advanced warning. There is this
        little kid who is about waist high, When you show him a deep space
        object, he will look in the eyepiece and name off about a half dozen
        other stars and their spectral class. I always reply Uh, yea, uh
        right,.. Any way he, or sometimes he changes to she, is about 3 to 4
        feet high, changes hair color and skin tone. Goes from school to
        school and is there to trip you up. Be on the lookout.
        Incidentally, I set up in my yard very often and have never had a
        neighbor look through the scope. I think they suspect I am up to
        something evil.

        bob rose

      • tklausin@columbus.rr.com
        Message 3 of 14 , Sep 1, 2001
          Thanks Alan, I will give it a try. Is there a trial version of
          TheSky level 4?

          Tom

        • alanwaldo@aol.com
          Message 4 of 14 , Sep 2, 2001
            >From:    tklausin@...
            >To:    lx90@yahoogroups.com
            >
            >Thanks Alan, I will give it a try.  Is there a trial version of
            >TheSky level 4?
            >
            >Tom

            According to this link, no. Check it out, there are dozens of programs
            listed here for MAC, PC, OS2 and a few for Palm's.
            <A HREF="http://seds.lpl.arizona.edu/billa/astrosoftware.html">
            http://seds.lpl.arizona.edu/billa/astrosoftware.html</A>

            Alan, W4WMM