86842File - Photos Section Space Management Guidelines.txt
- Apr 1, 2014======================================
Photo Section Space Management Guidelines
Because the disk usage in the LX-90 photo directories often
approaches the maximum quota, the LX-90 moderators are
frequently required to take steps to reduce disk usage, such as the
archiving and/or removal of images. Below are some tips of how people can
help, as well as information on how the LX-90 moderators manage disk
usage so that people know in what cases their images may be removed.
How You Can help:
1. Be sure all images are no more than 100k when uploaded.
2. After uploading, open the Full Size image and delete it.
3. Photo titles or descriptions should somehow identify the person who
uploaded the photo (e.g., full name, first name and last initial, Yahoo ID,
4. If you have numerous images of the same target because you're imaging
skills have been improving over time, please delete the old ones.
5. Save jpeg files at 80% quality or 20% compression for posting.
What the Moderators Do
1. Moderators will remove any full size images.
2. When disk usage gets high, the first priority for removal will be
image files that consume over 100k. Files larger than 100k may be
deleted at any time. However, they are not guaranteed to be deleted.
Moderators may choose to leave large images at their discretion if
there is something unique about them that makes the image understandably
large. Examples might include a large composite of numerous
images, or an animated gif which is large because it includes multiple frames.
3. If the previous step does not free up sufficient space the next
priority for removal will be the oldest images, so that with time the image
directories renew themselves with fresh content.
4. Since images are not archived, please keep your own copies of images that
you would not wish to lose under any circumstances.
- << Previous post in topic Next post in topic >>