86832Re: [lx90] Using 140v inverter

  • Ed Bourgoine
    Mar 21, 2014
      Nick,

      An inverter would be used to provide AC from a DC source.  I don't know of anything on the LX90 that runs off an AC source, unless you are running an AC to DC converter to get the 12VDC for the scope.  If you are referring to a DC supply running off the AC mains then plugging a 240VAC input supply to 110VAC source here in the states will probably just not supply the DC voltage that you are looking for.  I would expect it to be low or at the very least poorly regulated.  I'm not sure that I would expect any lasting damage to your scope "if" this is what has happened.  Can you run off the battery pack?  You may need to just get a new AC/DC converter.

      Ed

      On Fri, Mar 21, 2014 at 4:03 PM, Nicholas Harvey <harveyquiet@...> wrote:

      Hi

      Just moves to USA and blundered by not checking my inverter to see if both 110 and 240 volt. It was only 240. The hand box controller for my lx90 now does not function. Is damage here or should I expect more damage to drives

      Nick

      Sent from my iPhone

    • Show all 9 messages in this topic