Re: [lvfuturists] Cloud-Powered Facial Recognition Is Terrifying

  • Kevin Greene
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 1, 2011
      Dick:

      I am glad to see that something can even scare you.  That is reassuring.   :-)

      As for the Cloud:  I will upload my own data sets into it, about a week after hell freezes or Michelle Bachman becomes sane.

      IOW:  never.

      Kevin Greene
    • Shawn Jipp
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 1, 2011
        Kevin:

        I went to the cloud for a quick search.  Now I know most of the jobs you have had in your life, your educational background, where you work now, your involvement with a certain Futurists group, and egads-your picture!

        Quite a lot of your life's data is already in the cloud...

        ///////Shawn
        Via iPad

        On Oct 1, 2011, at 10:27 AM, "Futuretalk" <futuretalk@...> wrote:

        Kevin, this article defines the cloud as 'The Internet', which includes
        all of us who visit this site. We are all in the cloud.

        What concerns me is the software that after viewing one's facial
        picture; either digitally on the Web or analog in real life, in just
        minutes can produce data as private as a person's interests; even social
        security numbers can be produced.

        I'm not sure how this technology will be controlled, but as a positive
        futurist, I believe that one day it will be properly managed for human
        benefit, while protecting us from dangers.

        That's the hope, anyway.