Eric (eric25001@yahoo.com) has sent you a news story from EurekAlert!

  • Eric
    Message 1 of 43 , Aug 3, 2009
      More news on the SIRTs Eric

      "'SIRT'ain security: the protein SIRT3 protects the heart"
      http://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2009-08/joci-st073009.php

      This message was sent from EurekAlert!, a service of AAAS,
      the science society.

      Visit http://www.eurekalert.org for more breaking science,
      health and technology news.
    • Kevin Greene
      Message 43 of 43 , Aug 30, 2011
        Eric:

        yeasts are quite flexible little bugs.  I think this counts as normal 'evolution in the lab'.

        This is exciting stuff.  The basic funding came through a research venture set up through Cal, UC-Berkeley and funded with corporate money.  At least one portion of BP is working on the future, while their operations division is screwing up in every manner imaginable.

        The energy companies know that they cannot rely upon petroleum forever.

        Kevin Greene
        Go Bears!

        On Aug 29, 2011, at 8:57 PM, Eric wrote:

        Is this synthetic biology? Or just another way to minipulate
        yeast? Read and see!

        "Illinois–UC Berkeley discovery turns seaweed into biofuel in half the time"
        http://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2011-08/uoic-ibd082911.php