Reminder: First Meeting of the Las Vegas Futurist Group

  • gildacabral
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 12, 2003
      Don't forget: this Friday is the first meeting of the Las Vegas
      Futurist Reading Group at the Border's Bookstore at 2190 N. Rainbow
      Blvd, LV.

      We have invited an honored guest: Mark Finnern, moderator of the
      successful Bay Area Futurist Reading Salon. Mark will help us launch
      our first meeting of the reading group. A door prize will be given
      to the one who brings the most interesting futuristic article to the
      meeting!

      The format of the Las Vegas reading group will be modelled after the
      Los Angeles and Bay Area Reading Groups. The total meeting time is 2
      hours starting at 7:00pm at Borders Bookstore. It starts with a brief
      introduction from everyone in attendance. Get to know other futurist
      in your community! We'll spend a few minutes sharing of futurist
      articles. We will spend the remainder of the time listening to book
      report and then a group discussion about the book. The reporter is
      encouraged to select interesting topics gleaned from the book. This
      first meeting, we will listen to a joint report by Michael Korns and
      Gilda Cabral on the book As the Future Catches You by Juan Enriquez.

      We will reserve the last 15 minutes of the meeting, to discuss
      which book to read for the next meeting plus assign a person (s) to
      do the report on the book. If you have read a book you read that is
      cool and exciting, please suggest the title of the book during the
      last part of the meeting and volunteer as reporter.

      As always, it is not required to read the book to attend the meeting.
      But hopefully, we will over the course of several meeting find topics
      of interest to you and during the discussion period, we would like to
      hear your opinion!

      Please come and join us, bring an article, bring a friend!

      Gilda Cabral