  • Nicola Stephenson
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 6, 2003
      Dear All

      >THIS IS URGENT!!!
      >
      >A virus has been passed on to us by a contact. Our address book in turn
      has
      >been infected. Since you are in my address book there
      >is a chance that you will find it in your computer too.
      >
      >I followed the instructions below and eradicated the virus easily.
      >
      >The virus (called jdbgmgr.exe) is not detected by Norton or Macafee
      >anti-virus system. This virus sits quietly for 14 days before damaging
      the
      >system. It is sent automatically by messenger and the address book,
      whether
      >or not you send emails to your contacts.
      >
      >Heres how to check for the virus and get rid of it:
      >
      >1. Go to start, Find or Search option
      >2. In the file/folders option, type the name: jdbgmgr.exe
      >3. Be sure you search your C-drive and all the sub-folders and any
      other
      >drives you may have.
      >4. Click: "Find now"
      >5. The virus has a grey teddy bear icon with the name jdbgmgr.exe- DO
      NOT
      >OPEN IT
      >6. Go to edit (on the menu bar) and choose SELECT ALL to highlight the
      file
      >without opening it.
      >7. Now go to the File (on the menu bar) and select DELETE. It will then
      go
      >the recycle bin.
      >8. Go to the Recycle Bin and delete it there as well.
      >
      >IF YOU FIND THE VIRUS, you must contact all the people in your address
      >book, so they can eradicate it in their own address books.
      >
      >To do this:
      >1. Open a new email message
      >2. Click the icon of the address book next to the "To"
      >3. Highlight every name and add to "BBC"
      >4. Copy this message, enter subject and paste to email, and send
      >
      >Remember you have to do this very quickly
      >

      >Regards,

      Nicola Stephenson
      Artistic Director

      What if the everyday was extraordinary?
      www.theculturecompany.co.uk
      ___________________________

      The Culture Company
      Tel: +44 (0) 1484 483183
      Fax: +44 (0) 1484 483180

      www.theculturecompany.co.uk

    • alan pergusey
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 6, 2003
        Dear all,
        This is probably a hoax. I had this exact 'virus
        warning' passed on about 12months ago, and you end up
        deleting a legitimate file. One that searches for
        files with eight letters or something like that.! The
        so-called virus had the same name and teddy bear, so
        don't panic,
        Alan Pergusey
        --- Nicola Stephenson <nicola@...>

        http://mailplus.yahoo.com