LVAF event 18th November 2002

  • McLeary, Margaret [HES]
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 11, 2002
      Leeds Visual Arts Forum would like to invite you to an information and
      networking evening on Monday 18th November from 6-7.30pm at the West
      Yorkshire Playhouse's Congreve Room. The event will highlight the
      importance of collaboration between local visual artists and arts
      professionals to the cultural life of Leeds.

      Having achieved many of its original goals including successfully organising
      2 series of the popular Artspotting debates, LVAF is now moving into the
      next phase of its development. Supported by funding from Yorkshire Arts,
      the group has undertaken a thorough review of its working practises and made
      an assessment of where it is and where it wishes to go. LVAF is now ready
      to develop existing projects, extend into new areas and build up a strong
      new membership.

      The guest speaker for the evening is artist/curator Becky Shaw, co-director
      of Static, Liverpool. Becky will talk about her experience of artist-led
      initiatives and parallels between Leeds and Liverpool. The event is free and
      open to everyone, the format being informal with emphasis on meeting people
      and chatting over a cup of coffee.

      Location: Congreve Room, West Yorkshire Playhouse, Leeds
      Time: 6 - 7.30pm 18th November 2002

      For further information contact:
      Margaret McLeary
      mags_mcleary@...