Beacons Festival Arts Programme Intern

  • Natasha Chubbuck
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 31, 2013
      *Beacons Festival seeks an Arts Programme Intern to support the planning
      and delivery of an exciting new arts programme for the festival in 2013!*

      Beacons is a cutting-edge music and arts festival taking place in the heart
      of the Yorkshire countryside near Skipton this August. Beacons is a
      forward-thinking festival brought to you by a collective of tastemakers
      who, for years, have been bringing the best music to reputable Northern
      venues. But we're is not just about the music. Every year we feature the
      work of an exciting and varied range of artists from across the North, and
      beyond, working in the visual arts, theatre, performance, film and much
      more. Find out more about Beacons Festival at www.greetingsfrombeacons.com

      We�re looking for a motivated, passionate, skilled and highly organised
      intern to join our Arts Programme Team from April to August 2013. You will
      support the Arts Producer and Artistic Director in a wide range of planning
      and administrative tasks in the lead up to the festival, and assist in the
      installation and delivery of the Arts Programme on site during the festival
      itself. This is a fantastic opportunity for a student, recent graduate or
      individual looking to gain experience towards a career in arts
      programmingand coordinationfor arts festivals and events.

      *The deadline for applications is 5pm on Monday 15th April. Ideally we
      would like our intern to start before the end of the month.*

      We are seeking an intern who can volunteer for a minimum of 38 days in the
      lead up to and during the festival, broken down as follows:

      - Late April � end of May: 1 day a week
      - Start June � end July: 2 days a week
      - August: 12 days in total, including approx 6 days on site over the
      event week (15-18 August)

      Days and times are flexible and Work will be based mainly at the Beacons
      Festival office in central Leeds.

      To request a full description of the role and for details of how to apply,
      email art@... with �Arts Intern� in the subject line