10 WEEKS OIL PAINTING COURSE £46-00 STARTS 16 APRIL

  • geraldine thompson
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 28, 2013
      OIL PAINTING
      Oil painting is one of the oldest and most versatile, adventurous and exciting painting methods at our disposal.
      This course introduces the Methods and Materials of Oil Painting that will include tutor demonstrations and the exploration of the work of successful contemporary and historic artists.
      We will look at and refer to the work of contemporary art practice and historical artists' work and how they influence our own practice.
      Students will put into practice what they have observed and learnt and will work at their own pace and individual level. Individual tuition and guidance will be given.

      We will experiment with a variety of working surfaces and investigate their uses and influences as surface textures can be an important integral influence on the painting. Work can range from small to very large scale work.
      The course will include:
      Materials:
      * Surfaces
      * Preparation of surfaces
      * Stretching canvases
      Methods:
      * The grisaille
      * Alla Prima
      * Glazing
      * Application of paint
      * The visual elements of line, tone, colour, shape, texture, rhythm, composition and perspective
      * The use of sketchbooks and portfolio building
      Appreciation:
      * The study of other contemporary artists' work.
      * The study of the great masters
      Development
      * Learn and explore ways of working including mixed media and additional mediums.

      Start date and session times:
      This course runs for 8 sessions on Tuesday mornings
      Time: 10:00-12:00
      Start Date: 16 April 2013
      End Date: 25 June 2013
      Cost: £46-00. No college registration

      Qualification required in order to do the course? None

      About the Tutor
      Geraldine Thompson MA: Cert Ed: MIfL: LFA. A practicing artist and an exhibiting member of Leeds Fine Artists, she has 30 years teaching experience of beginners through to degree and post graduate level. She has work in collections in Great Britain, France, Spain, Italy and USA. Portrait commissions include eminent members of the clergy, academic and medical world plus private commissions.
      www.geraldinethompsonart.com<http://www.geraldinethompsonart.com>

      What to bring to the first session: Drawing materials and paper. Oil paints, a painting surface, rags, brushes and white spirit

      Where?
      Meanwood Centre, Winthorpe Street, Meanwood' Leeds LS6 4AJ
      Cost: £46-00 with concessions. No enrolment fee

      To enrol contact
      Phone Meanwood Centre 0113 2162359 for enrolment details or come directly to the centre.

      This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the sender immediately and delete the material from any computer. Please note that any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Leeds City College. The recipient should check this email and any attachments for the presence of viruses. Leeds City College accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email.