RE: [Lupin III] R.I.P. Osamu Dezaki

  • DANIEL ZELTER
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 18, 2011
      Correction. The movie got released here as Champion Joe. My bad. Ok, that's all for the OT for now.

      To: lupinthethird@yahoogroups.com
      From: zantetsupowaa@...
      Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2011 04:19:30 +0000
      Subject: [Lupin III] R.I.P. Osamu Dezaki

      Some people might know him better for the old-school Space Adventure Cobra, Rose of Versailles, and the Golgo movie and OAV, but he also directed the late 80s/early 90s Lupin specials Goodbye Lady Liberty, Napoleon's Dictionary, From Russia with Love, Hemingway Papers, and had some involvement on Harimao's Treasure. He was 67, and ANN said he died of lung cancer. This is a bit OT, but if you wanna check out some of his stuff released domestically, the first Joe movie got released here as Tomorrow Joe, the Golgo movie's getting a re-release from Discotek, and Right Stuf still sells the old Black Jack OVAs from CPM. And if you're willing to go all out, you can still find used copies of the Cobra movie on VHS. Man, it's not a blow as much as Satoshi Kon, because of how far Dezaki had gotten, but I still wanted to get the latter's autograph.