Cagliostro part of Ghibli tv retrospective in the UK

  • zantetsupowaa
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 3, 2005
      The FilmFour satellite TV channel in the UK is launching a major
      retrospective of the works of Miyazaki, Takahata, and Studio Ghibli
      throughout January and on into February.

      The titles being screened in January are:

      Jan 01 - Princess Mononoke
      Jan 05 - Princess Mononoke
      Jan 07 - The Little Norse Prince
      Jan 08 - Lupin III: Castle of Cagliostro
      Jan 11 - The Little Norse Prince
      Jan 12 - Lupin III: Castle of Cagliostro
      Jan 14 - Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
      Jan 15 - My Neighbor Totoro
      Jan 18 - Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
      Jan 19 - My Neighbor Totoro
      Jan 21 - Laputa: The Castle in the Sky
      Jan 22 - Kiki's Delivery Service
      Jan 25 - Laputa: The Castle in the Sky
      Jan 26 - Kiki's Delivery Service
      Jan 28 - Only Yesterday
      Jan 29 - Porco Rosso

      Most of the films will be shown with their English dub.

      Source: nausicaa.net
    • Robert Stickles
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 3, 2005
        I wonder which dub it will be, While Manga's dub is the most current, the
        old Streamline dub is what Buena Vista and Ghibli have the rights to in
        Japan. Also, Manga UK used to distrbute Cagliostro with the Streamline dub
        in Europ eand Australia..

        Confusing, innit? ;-)

        Regards,
        Rob S.

        On 12/3/05, zantetsupowaa <zantetsupowaa@...> wrote:

        > The FilmFour satellite TV channel in the UK is launching a major
        > retrospective of the works of Miyazaki, Takahata, and Studio Ghibli
        > throughout January and on into February.
        >
        > The titles being screened in January are:
        >
        > Jan 01 - Princess Mononoke
        > Jan 05 - Princess Mononoke
        > Jan 07 - The Little Norse Prince
        > Jan 08 - Lupin III: Castle of Cagliostro
        > Jan 11 - The Little Norse Prince
        > Jan 12 - Lupin III: Castle of Cagliostro
        > Jan 14 - Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
        > Jan 15 - My Neighbor Totoro
        > Jan 18 - Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
        > Jan 19 - My Neighbor Totoro
        > Jan 21 - Laputa: The Castle in the Sky
        > Jan 22 - Kiki's Delivery Service
        > Jan 25 - Laputa: The Castle in the Sky
        > Jan 26 - Kiki's Delivery Service
        > Jan 28 - Only Yesterday
        > Jan 29 - Porco Rosso
        >
        > Most of the films will be shown with their English dub.
        >
        > Source: nausicaa.net
        >

        > ---
        > For more Lupin information:
        >
        > Buy Lupin merchandise from RightStuf:
        >
        > http://www.rightstuf.com/catalog/browse/link/t=toc,c=right-stuf,a=lupin-iii-encycloped
        >
        > Lupin III Encyclopedia:
        > http://www.LupinEncyclopedia.com/
        >
        > LupintheThird.net:
        > http://www.LupintheThird.net
        >
        > Lupin the Third European Page:
        > http://www.LupintheThird.info
        >
        > Thieves in Paradise (Lupin III forum):
        > http://www.setbb.com/phpbb/index.php?mforum=liii
        > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • talesofthewolf
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 3, 2005
          > I wonder which dub it will be, While Manga's dub is the most
          current, the
          > old Streamline dub is what Buena Vista and Ghibli have the rights to in
          > Japan. Also, Manga UK used to distrbute Cagliostro with the
          Streamline dub
          > in Europ eand Australia..

          Probably the Streamline dub, seeing as how the Ghibli library
          (including the quasi-Ghibli "Cagliostro") is all distributed in the
          UK by Optimum Prod. at the moment. Their recent DVD of "Cagliostro"
          uses the Streamline dub and a new (imperfect) subtitle track. It's
          likely that they are the only people who would have broadcast rights
          to pull off a UK Ghibli marathon.

          -Reed Nelson
          LupintheThird.net