Send This Letter to Geneon to Help Get New Lupin Episodes

  • CuteBoyNick@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 1, 2005
      If you don't feel like writing a letter but would still like to help bring
      new episodes of Lupin III to adult swim, at least support Lupin by sending the
      bellow letter to animemaster[at]geneon-ent.com
      Subject: An Important Letter Regarding Broadcast Rights of Lupin III
      To whom it may concern,

      Quite recently, Kim Manning, the wonderful woman in charge of programming at
      Cartoon Network's block of adult-oriented animation, [adult swim], informed
      the Lupin fans that the network would be interested in acquiring broadcast
      rights for episodes 3 and 28-52 (which will be referred to as seasons 3 and 4)
      of the Geneon property Lupin III, if Geneon were to offer the rights to adult
      swim.
      In light of this recent news, the Lupin fans request that Geneon contact
      adult swim and offer the broadcast rights for seasons 3 and 4 of Lupin III to
      adult swim.
      In addition to offering the broadcast rights, the Lupin fans request of
      Geneon to provide adult swim with Lupin III multimedia, including episode
      descriptions and avatars, as well as Lupin III merchandise, including DVDs, apparel,
      etc. for the adult swim shop.
      The Lupin III fans also request that Geneon provides a beautiful boxed set
      to house volumes 1-10 of Lupin III DVDs.
      The Lupin III fans also advice Geneon to purchase the distribution rights
      for the outstanding Lupin III TV Special "Lupin III Episode 0: First Contact,"
      before FUNimation grabs the rights for it.
      We would also like to inform Geneon that the promotions of Lupin III have
      been very disgraceful to the grandeur of the revered anime franchise. Geneon is
      advised to use proper and better promotions, and update the Lupin III
      official website, in order to get the word about Lupin III to a wider audience.
      Sincerely,
      The Fans of Lupin III

    • cruzl
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 1, 2005
        Greetings; thought I might point out a few items to help in
        your letter writing campaign.

        --- In lupinthethird@yahoogroups.com, CuteBoyNick@a... wrote:
        > The Lupin III fans also advice Geneon to purchase the distribution

        The word you want is "advise"; "advice" is a noun indicating you
        are communicating useful information. "Advise" is the verb that
        indicates you are giving advice to someone. Proofreading is an
        absolute must when sending a letter to a corporate entity no
        matter how large or small. The more professional you sound, the
        more likely the company is to actually read your letter and take
        it under consideration.

        > rights for the outstanding Lupin III TV Special "Lupin III
        > Episode 0: First Contact," before FUNimation grabs the rights
        > for it.

        You could use a brief explanation of why you are giving this
        piece of advice. e.g., "We advise you to pick it up as it is the
        most sought after special by the fans and because we want to
        see your talented voice cast dub it."

        > We would also like to inform Geneon that the promotions of Lupin
        > III have been very disgraceful to the grandeur of the revered
        > anime franchise. Geneon is advised to use proper and better
        > promotions, and update the Lupin III official website, in order
        > to get the word about Lupin III to a wider audience.

        Large mistake here; you more than likely just had the reader tune
        right out to your message. Insulting someone who invested a
        considerable amount of time and money bringing Lupin to the US
        market in the first place is not a good step. It alters the tone
        of your message significantly.

        It would be better to continue with the trend
        you started by
        either stating "the fans advise you to promote the series better
        by keeping the official web site updated" or "we request that
        you promote the series better".

        Geneon took a huge chance on bringing over a 30+ year old series
        to the US market, one that has likely barely paid off. We, the
        fans, are quite lucky that they have continued to release the
        episodes rather than just cutting their losses and squatting on
        the license until it ran out.

        Having watched the anime industry grow over the past 10+ years,
        the companies respond more to the velvet glove rather than the
        iron fist. A bit of politeness goes a long, long way.

        Just my 10yen.

        ---
        "The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love
        and be loved in return"

        Luis A. Cruz
        sprak[at]lupinencyclopedia[dot]com
        Lupin III Encyclopedia: http://www.lupinencyclopedia.com/
        Anime Video Game Resource Center: http://www.lupinencyclopedia.com/avrc/
      • St├ęphane Dumas
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 1, 2005
          I taught of something, maybe we could add as a request, the dubbing and broadcasting rights of the 1st series as well, and speaking of the 1st series, this French site have a video opening of the 1st serie and the 2nd opening of the 2nd series http://www.openget.net/opening.html ;-)

          >Geneon took a huge chance on bringing over a 30+ year old series to the US market,
          >one that has likely barely paid off. We, the fans, are quite lucky that they have continued to release the
          >episodes rather than just cutting their losses and squatting on the license until it ran out.

          You have a good point there, I wish than Geneon could take another huge change with a another old series who turns 30 year old this year than I know well ^_^;; UFO Robot Grendizer http://www.grendizer.net aka in French Goldorak (here a good French site http://djspace.club.fr/index.html ) aka Goldrake in Italian (a good Italian site http://www.goldrake.info ), I'm sure this one will have a solid fandom as Lupin III in North America

          St├ęphane Dumas