Re: Chesley Bonestell's moon-mural

  • Danny Caes
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 19 6:52 AM
      Very interesting:
      Here's a ZOOM-scan of that mural!
      See:

      Danny

      ----- Original Message -----
      Sent: Thursday, April 19, 2012 3:25 PM
      Subject: [lunar-observing] Re: Chesley Bonestell's moon-mural

      !!!!!
      Here's an online scan of that mural!
      See:

      Danny

      ----- Original Message -----
      Sent: Thursday, April 19, 2012 3:15 PM
      Subject: [lunar-observing] Chesley Bonestell's moon-mural

      Dear group,
      In one of the ancient Sky-and-Telescope issues of the fifties there's a fold-out print of a mural which was once painted by Chesley Bonestell. It shows a view on the lunar surface with Full Earth above the horizon. That mural was made for (IIRC) the Hayden planetarium in Boston USA.
      Do some of you know what area or crater on the moon mr.Bonestell depicted in that mural?
      Is there an online scan of that mural? (plus description).
      I have the B-and-W print of that Sky-and-Telescope issue (the fold-out version) here on my wall, but can't find the accompanying description below it (cut-off about ten years ago, it should be somewhere in one of my many docu-boxes, or perhaps... thrown away).

      Danny