The biggest Full moon with the Castle

  • George Tarsoudis
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 11, 2009
      From the last night with the biggest full Moon of 2009, I use Canon Eos
      350D with Sigma 75-300mm lens.

      http://www.lunar-captures.com/moon_phases_files/090110_mooncastel_l_tar.jpg
      and one other after
      http://www.lunar-captures.com/moon_phases_files/090110_mooncastel_2l_tar.jpg

      With regards
      George Tarsoudis
    • Peter Lloyd
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 11, 2009
        We are used to great pictures from you, George, but these are absolutely
        stunning.

        Thank you.

        Peter

        George Tarsoudis wrote:
        > From the last night with the biggest full Moon of 2009, I use Canon Eos
        > 350D with Sigma 75-300mm lens.
        >
        > http://www.lunar-captures.com/moon_phases_files/090110_mooncastel_l_tar.jpg
        > and one other after
        > http://www.lunar-captures.com/moon_phases_files/090110_mooncastel_2l_tar.jpg
        >
        > With regards
        > George Tarsoudis

        Peter Lloyd
        Bedfordshire, UK.
        51^(o) 56' 47"N 0^(o) 32' 05"W
        http://www <dot> astrolloyd <dot> tk
        http://www.madpc.co.uk/~peterl/
      • George Tarsoudis
        Message 3 of 8 , Jan 11, 2009
          Thanks Peter this castle is from Byzantium period

          http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Byzantium

          I have one version with Moon in other position
          http://www.lunar-captures.com/moon_phases_files/090110_fullmoon_kastro_tar.jpg

          with HDR techniques.

          Regards, George

          O/H Peter Lloyd έγραψε:
          > We are used to great pictures from you, George, but these are absolutely
          > stunning.
          >
          > Thank you.
          >
          > Peter
          >
          > George Tarsoudis wrote:
          >
          >> From the last night with the biggest full Moon of 2009, I use Canon Eos
          >> 350D with Sigma 75-300mm lens.
          >>
          >> http://www.lunar-captures.com/moon_phases_files/090110_mooncastel_l_tar.jpg
          >> and one other after
          >> http://www.lunar-captures.com/moon_phases_files/090110_mooncastel_2l_tar.jpg
          >>
          >> With regards
          >> George Tarsoudis

        • rogue_forest
          Message 4 of 8 , Jan 11, 2009
            George, These are beyond amazing!

            rogue

            --- In lunar-observing@yahoogroups.com, George Tarsoudis
            <g.tarsoudis@...> wrote:

            > From the last night with the biggest full Moon of 2009, I use
            Canon Eos
            > 350D with Sigma 75-300mm lens.
            >
            > http://www.lunar-
            captures.com/moon_phases_files/090110_mooncastel_l_tar.jpg
            > and one other after
            > http://www.lunar-
            captures.com/moon_phases_files/090110_mooncastel_2l_tar.jpg

            > With regards
            > George Tarsoudis

          • Paolo Amoroso
            Message 5 of 8 , Jan 11, 2009
              Scientific American Blog posted links to your photos:

              Tonight's perigee moon in photos
              http://www.sciam.com/blog/60-second-science/post.cfm?id=tonights-perigee-moon-in-photos-2009-01-10

              Congratulations.

              Paolo
              --
              Avventure Planetarie - http://avventureplanetarie.blogspot.com
            • George Tarsoudis
              Message 6 of 8 , Jan 11, 2009
                Thanks Paolo for your info :-)

                Regards, George

                O/H Paolo Amoroso έγραψε:

                > Scientific American Blog posted links to your photos:
                >
                > Tonight's perigee moon in photos
                > http://www.sciam.com/blog/60-second-science/post.cfm?id=tonights-perigee-moon-in-photos-2009-01-10
                > <http://www.sciam.com/blog/60-second-science/post.cfm?id=tonights-perigee-moon-in-photos-2009-01-10>
                >
                > Congratulations.
                >
                > Paolo
                > --
                > Avventure Planetarie - http://avventureplanetarie.blogspot.com
                > <http://avventureplanetarie.blogspot.com>

                > http://www.eset.com
              • George Tarsoudis
                Message 7 of 8 , Jan 11, 2009
                  Thanks my friend this project I have plan about 1 year.

                  Regards, George

                  O/H rogue_forest έγραψε:

                  > George, These are beyond amazing!
                  >
                  > rogue
                  >
                  > --- In lunar-observing@yahoogroups.com
                  > <mailto:lunar-observing%40yahoogroups.com>, George Tarsoudis
                  > <g.tarsoudis@...> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > From the last night with the biggest full Moon of 2009, I use
                  > Canon Eos
                  > > 350D with Sigma 75-300mm lens.
                  > >
                  > > http://www.lunar-
                  > captures.com/moon_phases_files/090110_mooncastel_l_tar.jpg
                  > > and one other after
                  > > http://www.lunar-
                  > captures.com/moon_phases_files/090110_mooncastel_2l_tar.jpg
                  > >
                  > > With regards
                  > > George Tarsoudis

                  > http://www.eset.com
                • canopus56
                  Message 8 of 8 , Jan 11, 2009
                    <g.tarsoudis@...> wrote:
                    > From the last night with the biggest full Moon of 2009, I use
                    > Canon Eos 350D with Sigma 75-300mm lens. <snip all>

                    I walked out on Friday night and took a reading with my Sky Quality
                    reader. It registered 14.28 - the brighest nighttime skybrightness I
                    have ever measured with it. That corresponds to an integrated
                    magnitude of about 0.6v and, I'd estimate, somewhere about 15 to 20
                    minutes after civil sunset.

                    - Kurt