Lumber River Float 8/4/02

  • domeece
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 4, 2002
      A great day for a paddling trip, partially ovecast at times, a cool
      breeze at our backs and a little current. Six LRCC members and one
      guest paddled from Boardman down to the Lumber River State Park, a
      distance of approximately 8.5 miles. We had several swim breaks on
      the sandbars which were numerous due to low water and we had a few
      scoot over but no real portages. Wildlife seen on this trip included
      an owl, hawks, herons, white ibyis. Paddlers on the trip were Bob &
      Izzie Guckel, trip leaders, Rudolph Floyd, Don Meece, Jim & Mia
      McDermott and dogs Schmidt and Mazie, and Louie Hudgins.
    • domeece
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 4, 2002
        Addendum to the trip today - Water level at Boardman Gauging station
        for this trip started out at 2.0 and dropped to 1.8.