Club Float Aug. 28,1999

  • canoeman32
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 28 4:56 PM
      Seven Lumber River Canoe Club members, in kayaks
      and solo canoes, put in at the landing on Rt.
      401<br>near Wagram at about 10:45 AM. The trip was portage
      free due to the efforts of Frank Dupin and his trusty
      saw. We stopped for breaks at Johnson's landing, the
      Pier downstream from the Dan Smith house, and at the
      Jasper Memorey<br>Memorial canoe casmpsite , a part of
      the Lumber River State Park.<br>Four other LRCC
      members paddling in the name of the Sierra club were also
      paddling the same section. We got together and visited on
      two of the breaks. We also met a man in a blue wood
      canvas canoe while at Johnson's Landing. he had paddled
      upstream from the Dan Smith house.<br>Wildlife seen
      inclided a large blue heron, a hawk<br>and some
      turtles.Those paddling on the club trip were Don Meece,Frank
      Dupin, Jim Johnson, Mike and Liz Britt, Jim Dupree, and
      Marshall Thompson, the trip leader.<br>We took out at the
      Stephens Water Plant. Trip took about 5 hours