Hannah Creek Trip 4/6/02

  • domeece
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 6 4:16 PM
      Charles West led fourteen LRCC members and guests down Hannah Creek in
      Johnston County from Juniper Church Rd. to Hwy 701, a distance
      measured on the GPS as 6.3 miles. Hannah Creek is a real narrow
      beautiful creek with several beaver dams we had to go over and a lot
      of shade. We passed a heron rookery and while we were staring at the
      birds we almost missed seeing a big beaver at the base of a tree. In
      addition to the beaver and the herons we saw geese, ducks, an owl,
      turtles, and a plethora of black birds. The trip seemed longer than
      the actual distance but was enjoyable. Paddlers were Mary Florian,
      Bob McDowell, Dan Pietz, Carlton Royal, Mary Martha Vaught, Becky
      Wagg, Bob Robertson, Frank Dupin, Don & Sandy Meece, Myron & Dorcas
      Whitley, Jim & Mia McDermott and four dogs, Schmidt, Mazie, Isaac and
      Conan.