Little Pee Dee Trip Aug.7

  • canoeman32
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 9, 1999
      Nine members and two guests put in the Little Pee
      Dee at Rt. 301 near Dillon, SC at about 11:25
      AM.<br>The water was very low,(even an inch or two lower
      than when Diane Smith and I scouted the trip on
      Thurs.) By the way ,Thanks to Diane for helping scout the
      section. In spite of low water we had only two easy
      portages and a few buck overs.<br>Most of the paddlers
      beat the heat by taking a swim each time we took a
      break on a sand bar.<br>We saw some big herons, an owl,
      a real big beaver and some fish. Of course there
      were also lots of big cypress trees with spanish
      moss.<br>Paddlers were Jim Johnson,Mike& Liz Britt,Cynthia
      Obreion,Charles West, Marsha Tai, Pam Stalter,Rudolph Floyd,
      Sharron Kane, Mike Jones, and Marshall thompson, the trip
      leader