Float Report Lumber River 10/4/2001

  • canoeman32
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 4, 2001
      Today two LRCC members Paddled the Lumber from
      Three Br. Rd. to Chicken Rd.(short float selected in
      order to get Char to come) Water level of 7.05 ft. at
      Rt. 71 gave us plenty of water for a no portage trip.
      We did have to move a large piece of driftwood in
      order to get around a new treefall.But we did not have
      to get out. We also had a low under which was no
      problem.The colors of the season , orange, yellow, and red
      made for a pleasent and scenic trip as did the
      wildlife seen. Three ducks paddled in front of us for a
      time as if showing us the way. Three times we saw a
      large heron and another large unidentified bird,
      probably an ahinga sp?. I was really glad to get back on
      the river having missed the last few trips for a
      wedding, a funeral, and a horse show judging job.<br>This
      was such a beautiful weekend I was supprised that no
      other members showed up for this scheduled float.
      Paddlers were Charlotte and Marshall Thompson.