Float Report Sept. 1,2001

  • canoeman32
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 1, 2001
      Today nine Lumber River Canoe Club members
      paddled the Lumber River from the Landing at Harpers
      Ferry Church to Three Bridges Rd. We had enough water
      even though the river was low. Stopped at "Tree
      Island" for lunch. Someone had left a bunch of cans,
      bottles , and bait cups. We cleaned up most of the trash
      hoping that we will always be welcome there. <br> We had
      to pull over a log somewhere between Tree Island and
      the next break spot. Chandler, Charles and Robert
      helped others get there boats over.At the next break
      spot Jim , Mia , and Mary Martha went for a swim. I
      almost took an unplanned swim getting back in my boat.
      about three hours on the river.<br>Paddlers of the trip
      were Robert & Sharon Caudill,Marianne Hartman, Jim &
      Mia McDermott,Chandler Stewart, Mary Martha Vaught,
      Charles West, and Marshall Thompson, the trip leader.