River Ramblings:

  • Don
    Message 1 of 1 , May 5, 2013
      River Ramblings: Yesterday I posted some pictures of the river clean up on Facebook, and said there were three 80+ year old men helping and one 70+. Well the 70+ man was 81. Think about this, four 80+ year old men helping to clean up the river!! This is amazing. Where are all the young people who paddle? In fact when I do my week long river trips you don't hear of any young people doing this. You do see some young people paddle occasionally; some in their teens, twenties and thirties, but not many. Is this tradition going down the drain? I hope not. When I am on the river there is a different perspective of life, in fact a river is a lot like life itself, you never know what is around the next bend; could be smooth sailing or obstacles that you have to deal with. I just hope when I am 80+ I will be able to do what these guys are doing; hats off to Marshall Thompson, Frank Dupin, Rudolph Floyd, and Omer Register. I salute you guys, all military veterans too!