up a lazy river.....

  • Muskie
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 3, 2013
      Nothing clears the mind and refreshes the soul like a weekend paddling in a pristine wilderness where the only sound is the quiet dip of your paddle into black water, the wind in the reeds, the birds in the brush, turtles plopping into the water off their perch, ducks squealing in flight, kingfisher chattering, woodpeckers knocking, the honking of an irate goose, and the occasional rustling of something on the bank. Man it was noisy out there!
      Did our annual trek up the NW Fork of the Alligator River this past weekend. As beautiful as ever. Saw tons of ducks and other avian residents, but they wouldn't sit still for a photo shoot. Luckily some other denizens were more cooperative. I've posted some in the album Alligator River 3/30/13, but my connection is so slow right now I will have to post the others later.