Short Paddle Today, 3/23.

  • James H. Mcdermott
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 23 4:21 PM
      Today's big event was the dedication of the new hiking trail at Lumber River State Park at Chalk Banks. Marshall met Omar, Frank, Mia and me at the opening ceremonies, and he will report separately on the event. After we had hiked and eaten lunch at the Wagram Presbyterian Church fish fry, Marshall provided a shuttle for Omar and me so we could do the short run from Chalk Banks to U.S. 401. Although the river was running low, we encountered no obstacles and finished in good time (41 min.). The weather was cloudy but tolerable for paddling.