Trip Report for Saturday March 16, Rhodes Pond

  • Walter
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 19 10:08 AM
      The following paddlers met at Rhodes Pond for a 10:00 am paddle: Frank Dupin, Omer Register, Emory Sadler, Carlton Royal, David Serina, George Sachno, Kate Smith, Jim and Mia McDermott, and Walter Bull. Everyone was on the water by 10:00. The weather was windy and cool. We proceeded across the open water to the swamp with the water level deeper than I have ever encountered maybe because of the new dam built by the state. We left Rhodes pond after a short time and paddled up the Black River paddling below the power lines and then turned into the swamp proceeded a short distance and encountered a tree and a Beaver dam. We all decided to turn around and head back to the launch area and have lunch. We shared some deserts, swapped a few lies, loaded our boats and departed for home. Very nice easy paddle, beautiful scenery, lots of Beaver houses, a great day on the water. Thanks to everyone that participated. See you on the water. Walter Bull