Canoeing with Church Group

  • B. Fisher
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 4, 2013
      When one shows up at church with a canoe on top of their car, there is always the chance that they will be volunteered to work with the youth group on a canoeing day-trip.

      And so it happened to me. Of course, I am most excited to introduce youth to one of my favorite passtimes. Unfortunately, being relatively new to the area I need your help.

      first - we will need to know where we can rent canoes/kayaks.
      second - hopefully, the rental will be right by a gentle waterway for use to paddle.
      third - I'm hoping that there will be adults on the trip that know what to do with a paddle

      So - I am asking for help, information, on what would be a good venue for my church youth group.

      We are loking at April 20th for a date. We have also talked about having a church-wide trip in the fall (I know a number of 'adults' that would like to have a trip - I would like to have a weekend trip sometime in the future).

      Of course, I will check out rental, paddling information.

      Thanks for your input!

      Betty