Six Runs Creek 3/31/01 Trip Report

  • domeece
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 31, 2001
      As one paddler said, "My favorite river is the
      one I am currently paddling." Today 19 paddlers
      paddled the Six Runs Creek, in Sampson County from Hwy 24
      down to Needmore Rd (SR1004) a distance of 6.2 miles.
      The river level this morning was almost 10 ft at the
      Clear Run Gauging Station on the Black River which is
      approximately 20+ miles down river. The water had a good
      current which made the trip fast. There were no portages
      and no major problems as far as trees down. Wildlife
      seen on this trip were blue herons, squirrels, snake,
      hawks, and a plethora of other birds. The morning
      started out with a few rain sprikles but cleared up to a
      bright, sunny, warm day and a GREAT day for paddling.
      Leaders were Don & Sandy Meece, and other paddlers were
      Bob Roberson, Jim & Mia McDermott and dogs, Frank &
      Katie Dupin, Gary Scruggs, Jim Depree, Marsha Tai, Pam
      Cline, Chris Raper, Bob Guckel, Isabella Hudgins,
      Rudolph Floyd, Andy Harnsberger, Bruce Langdon, Charles
      West and Renate Schuchardt.