Report : Carolina Outdoor Expo

  • canoeman32
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 9, 2011
      Charlotte and I took the LRCC display,along with a canoe and some river paintings to the Outdoor Expo. Neil Lee was also there with a Lumber river State Park display.There were many other presenters, including The Raptor Center with a golden eagle and a peregrine falcon,
      Cape Fear dog training club ,A wildlife group with old time hunting gear such as bows and arrows and spears. Micchael Lambert and his wife
      had a display of snakes which was interesting. They also performed on stage, he on guitar,harmonica native american flute,and dulcimer, and she on key board and washboard. They played a lot of John Denver songs, and well known folk songs. There music was much enjoyed. Someone led a nature walk.Kat Little Turtle told indian folk tales and showed home made toys.
      Presenters were served a lunch of very good chicken bog.
      Several people took membership applications saying that they will join. Two new members joined at the festival. Other LRCC members who attended
      were Tery and Gloria Lengel.
      Marshall