Moores Creek, Section One, 7/23/2011, 9:00 am

  • lumberrivercanoeclub@yahoogroups.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 16, 2011
      Reminder from: lumberrivercanoeclub Yahoo! Group
      Title: Moores Creek, Section One
      Date: Saturday July 23, 2011
      Time: 9:00 am - 3:00 pm
      Next reminder: The next reminder for this event will be sent in 5 days, 4 minutes.
      Location: Patriots Hall, Picnic Area, Moores Creek National Battlefield
      Street: Emory Sadler
      City State Zip: esadler2008@...
      Phone: 919-499-9216 (home) or 919-721-1894 (cell))
      Notes: You are invited to join a paddle group on Saturday, July 23, 2011, at Moores Creek National Battlefield for a 7.4-mile return-trip paddle.
      This is the section one trip described on page 116 of Paul Ferguson's Paddling Eastern North Carolina. A map is on page 118.
      We will meet at 9:00 A.M. at the Park's Patriots Hall at the Picnic Area (take the road on right just after entering the Park)for a presentation by Mrs. Bonita Brown on steamboating.
      After the presentation, will will have an early lunch at the picnic area.
      After lunch, the paddlers will leave from the picnic area to paddle about 4 miles down Moores Creek to the Black River.
      Perhaps we will paddle an unknown distance up the Black River to visit the site of a once-busy steamboat landing at Point Caswell.
      Then we will paddle back to the picnic area (34.460733,-78.111468).
      Please notify Emory Sadler (esadler2008@..., 919-499-9216 (home) or 919-721-1894 (cell)) if you plan to participate.