Float Report: Wind River May 31, 2011

  • thomas g
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 1, 2011
      Location: Wind River Canyon, Thermopolis, Wyoming
      Air Temp: 55
      Water Temp 45
      Distance 9 miles
      Time: 1 hour 20 minutes
      3900 cfs

      Christine and Tom Goodwin took advantage of some nice sprig weather
      to go on a raft float trip with Wind River Canyon Whitewater. Since
      it was 27 degrees the day before near Yellowstone, the 55 degrees
      felt great. I even declined the wetsuit, which made the class II,
      III and IV rapid quite .... refreshing. For reference, a Wyoming
      class II is easily a class IV on the Haw. Our only concern was when
      our raft guide asked if anyone had a socket wrench. I highly
      recommend this trip to anyone vacationing near Yellowstone.

      tom goodwin