Sweet Revenge: Or How the Birds Met Their Match

  • jimmiamcd
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 24, 2011
      Tommy Puckett has already recounted yesterday's excellent float on the Waccamaw, so there is no need for further development except to provide clarification about "the penguins" and "taterhead" (that's MISTER POTATO HEAD to you). Yes, those ever-annoying plastic penguins, Bitchin' Willie and Naggin' Nellie, have finally been shut up by a REAL talker with chutzpah, Mr. Potato Head (I call him "Mitch"). While the birds were busily chatting up all the arrivals at the put-in, bragging about their (supposed) watercraft skills, Mitch-the-talking-potato-head made his grand entry into the world of plastic bow ornaments. With his bowler hat and colorful language (yes, he REALLY talks and not just to his boat's paddlers), he stunned the birds into utter submission. No more wisecracking penguins to pretend to hear. We can now actually listen to a wisecracking potato. So there.