Uppre Little River Section -1 and -2 Mar, 31, 2010 Trip Rport

  • davidserina
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 1, 2010
      When a few weeks ago at the put in for section one on the Upper Little River a paddler looked at the fun rapids below HY210 and just above the put in and said "That looks like fun, Why don't we do the next section up". I thought "Time heals all things". People have forgotten Lumber River Canoe Club Trip Report #2554 Dated Dec. 21. 2008. So! I said, "Sounds like a good idea, Next time the river is up some, I will set up a trip"
      So today Wednesday, March 31, 2010 on a day made for paddling. After shuttling and all that, LRCC and CCP Club members, Walter Bull, Louise Miller, Andrea Payer, Audrey Pennington, Carlton Royal, Emery Sadler and David Serina. slide seven Kayaks into the two mile per hour plus current of the Upper Little River above the HY27 bridge before 10:00am. We were setting out to redo trip #2554. We had more water then on that winter day in Dec. Of 2008.
      The River proved to be like Mich had said. I found I was right about the remembering. When I asked the only other person on this trip that had made the Dec. 20 2008 trip. The response I got was "You know I don't remember".
      We stopped for lunch at the Norrington Road Bridge about 12:45am had lunch and a paddler left us. Then with six Kayaks we were off for more log jumping, portaging through wait a minute vines, cutting branches, sliding under logs and all the things that make the little river so much fun paddle. We had one wet exit on the trip. It ended with that section of happy water under and below HY210 where all took on water from the standing waves. We were at the take out by 16:00.
      Get your Kayak, Canoe, float tube or big rubber ducky. When the water is up. You can join in and see for your self what section -1 and -2 of the Upper Little River are like. All I can say is. "This is a fun trip" and I hope to do it agen soon.

      Total time 5:51
      Total distance 14.6 miles
      DAVID SERINA