Lower Little River Leader, where are you?

  • domeece
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 5, 2009
      This is not the official trip report of the Lower Little River today, I thought Mitch Lloyd was, but the only evidence was his car at the put in and a few, very few trees cut. I was told he was going ahead before we got to the put in and cut some trees in the river. After the fiasco with the shuttle, driving down roads on Ft. Bragg, that a Humvee could not maneuver, we made it back to the put in. The official trip report can be written by four or five different people as that is what the group broke up to paddle. We saw several large trees where it was evidence that Mitch or someone had cut but as we headed down to Morrison Bridge, there were alot that were smaller that he could have cut and speculated that something happend to his chainsaw (usual story). Jim McDermott and I believe he cut a few trees climbed up in the woods and hid until we came by and then worked his way back to his van and left. Did anyone see Mitch???? The ditch we put in on, I guess was the Lower Little River on bridge up from Morrisons Bridge. It took us about 2 to 3 hours to get the 3 miles to Morrison's Bridge. I ended the paddle with Richard Fox, and Carlton Royal. Omer and the rest of the kayakers were doing a long trip and naturally were way out front. Carlton when he caught up with me and Richard said Jim and Mia and Frank were going to take out at Morrison Bridge and one of them hike back to get Franks van. I hope they did this as I was supposed to take Frank back to his van. When Carlton, Richard and I got to the take out before dam #2, Jim's van was gone so hope they did this. We paddled about 10 miles and when I got back to Spring Lake to drop Richard and his canoe off, Omer's truck was still at the Waffle House.
      Mitch good trip, but if you ever lead a trip again and say your are bringing your chain saw and more kayaks show up than canoes, I will stay at home as I know it will be a rough trip. You will be okay with the chain saw (if it works) and the kayakers will be able to scoot under the low trees.