new river

  • barredowl4
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 28 10:35 AM
      My 4 man group is planning a trip in early May & plan on trying the
      New River water levels permitting.

      If we can piece it together we want ot do the NC section that is state
      Parks. We also want to do some of the river basically from Mouth of
      Wilson to Hwy 58 near Galax. This is the section that is not state
      parks & winds in & out of Va, near Sparta. I know there is at least one
      public campground but given the chance we always avoid them if at all
      possible. Does anyone know if ther is any suibable riverside camping in
      this area ?

      Any river info at all will be much appreciated.

      Hope to get back on the river this spirng with you guys.

      Scott Hinson
      Chapel Hill, NC