Great Coharie Trip - 2 Sept.

  • domeece
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 2, 2000
      Today we had a real enjoyable float on the Great
      Coharie paddling the 8 miles from Wright's Bridge to
      Lisbon Bridge in Sampson County, NC. Rain threatened and
      we encountered a few sprinkles of rain with thunder
      rumbling in the background but no real downpours. There
      were 20 paddlers on this trip paddling in 15 boats
      including a variety of canoes and kayaks. Paddlers included
      Don & Sandy Meece, trip leaders, Bonnie Parker,
      Cynthia O'Brien, Marshall Goodman, Frank Dupin, Charles
      West and guest Robin Achille, Marsha Tai, Larry & Sue
      Yarger, Jim Depree, Marshall & Charlotte Thompson, Jim
      Johnson, Rudolph Floyd, Bob Guckel, Cleon Lanier, Craig
      Smith, and Chris Raper. We had a nice sandbar for an
      enjoyable lunch break and group photo sessions. We then
      stopped at Fred and Virginia Broadwell's river house for
      a visit near the takeout and the Broadwells shared
      hiking sticks for a hike through the Broadwell's nature
      trail which was memorable with the statues, walkways,
      bridges, and various plants and their hospitality is
      appreciated. If you wish to write the Broadwells thanking
      them, their address is 401 Vann Dr., Clinton, NC 28328.
      The trip was real enjoyable with no one turning over
      and no major obstacles in the river.