skin on frame kayak building class in Raleigh January 10-17

  • Mimi
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 1, 2008
      Brian Shulz (http://www.capefalconkayak.com) is going to teach a skin
      on frame kayak building class in Raleigh starting January 10. This is
      an 8 day class with six students and each student will build their
      own skin on frame kayak.

      The class costs $1300, which includes all parts, pieces, and wood.

      You can build the F1, a traditional east greenland kayak, a
      traditional west greenland kayak, or Brian's new design for a
      surf/sea kayak. These boats are sized to custom fit you. Anyone who
      is my size or smaller is welcome to try out my F1. In my opinion, the
      F1 is a beautiful boat - fast, stable, comfortable, rollable, and
      only weighs 30 lbs.

      This is a unique opportunity to build a boat in eight days and learn
      from a master boat builder with getting yourself to Oregon for a week
      and then having to ship your new boat back.

      To sign up, see pictures, or get more information, email Mimi at
      ncwatersprite[at]hotmail.com

      Check out Brian's website (http://www.capefalconkayak.com) for
      pictures and more information about the boats. Classes are limited to
      six students.