Bird Identification

  • jimmiamcd
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 24, 2008
      Some of the more observant of you have e-mailed me to comment on my
      recent correction to the bird identification I included in my last
      report. Despite the cackling I picked up on the internet, you did not
      ruffle my feathers in the least; however, I have concluded that this
      area has an abundance of a species commonly called the Pie-eyed Split-
      tailed Goony, also known as the Redneck Grouse. They have the
      appearance of Turkeys, but taste like sour grapes. They are mostly
      found floating and often floundering in local streams. Their calls
      sound like "WHOOOW, this water is cold"! If you spot one, be sure to
      giggle and point; they love this. Next week, I will describe the
      species known as the River Plunger or Diving Loon.