Float Report Sept. 1, 2007 Lumber River Alma Rd. to Red Banks

  • Marshall Thompson
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 1, 2007
      Today we had an interesting and scenic float from the bridge on Alma
      Rd. To Red Banks at the NC Indian Cultural Center. Streamflow showed
      just a little below average for this time of year at
      the Maxton, gage Water level was at 6.85 Ft. This morning and rose
      durring the day to 7.06 Ft. There was enough water and flow for a
      pleasent trip. We ran into some new treefall in several places which
      made me wish thar I had brought the chainsaw Fortunately Chuck Miller
      brought an axe which he weilded like a timber jack. Both Frank Dupin
      and jim McDermott also took turns with the axe. We all used saws and
      loppers. Mia McDermott helped us throw cut tree limbs up on the bank.
      Mazie tried to fetch. We managed to make holes in the downfall which
      will allow canoes to pass with out portage at this level. There will be
      some trees to go under or zig zag around though.Others on this float
      were McDermotts other dog Schmidt and Chucks dog Smokey. Trip leader
      was Marshall Thompson