Addendum to Aug. 18 float report

  • Marshall Thompson
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 21 6:47 AM
      There must really be a PONTUNE ! If you had seen Mitch hopping from
      log to log weilding a chainsaw, You would see that there is no lack of
      balance or agility there. Rudy didn't need a chainsaw. He cut six to
      eight inch logs by hand when the water was too deep for chain saw
      cutting. Give Omer and Frank even an underwater log to stand on and
      they will cut through even the bigest logs. Once the falling log
      knocked the crowbar out of Franks hand. Omer"the Otter" dove down and
      retrieved it. We had one log that was about 3 inches above water but
      another foot and a half under water. We could not cut it all the way
      through so I cut slices then Mitch used the crow bar to pry out the
      slices until we had a place wide enough for a canoe which had enough
      water over it for a scoot over. Please forgive all the typos in my
      original report. I was half asleep and can't half see what i am typing
      at my best.
      Marshall