Limber River Canoe Club in the Newspaper

  • Marshall Thompson
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 1 7:33 AM
      Michael Jaenicke did a nice feature story on the club in Sundays
      Robesonian. Included were quotes from Don Meece, Jimm McDerrmott,
      Rudy Floyd ,Diane Smith, and me,(Marshall Thompson). Frank Dupin,
      Sherwood Hinson and Danny Isom were Also mentioned. There is a large
      photo of Rudy and me in my tandem canoe.

      While Im on here I want to tell you about two big mistakes I made on
      Saturday. The first was electing to take out at Griffins Landing
      instead of going all the way to Nichols. More about that latyer. The
      second was refusing help from the nice young lady,who offered to help
      me out of the boat at the lunch stop. I tripped over the gunnel and
      fell flat on my face in the mud. Back to the first mistake. I said my
      goodbys ,left the group and paddled up the canalto Griffins Landing
      got out on the dirt rathyer than paddle my boat up on the concrete
      landing. I pilled the boat up to the landing by the bow line. Fire
      ants started stinging my hands. I brushed the m off and Started
      again. Yep they were in the bow line. Got back in the van and started
      home. When I got to Rt. 76 There was a car stopped in the middle of
      the road and cars lined up at the intersection. WHat the hecK?
      Another car, a police car pulled up beside the first one. The
      watermellon Festival parade was about to begin.I sat sweltering in
      myy car for an hour and a half while the parade went by, sometimes
      with five or ten minute breks betweern cars.. I was wishing taat I
      was still on the river. Dons report and Jim and Dons photos sure made
      it look like a great time.
      Marshall