Picnic and Float May 6,2006

  • Marshall Thompson
    Message 1 of 1 , May 6, 2006
      Twelve members of the Lumber River Canoe Club put in the Lumber
      River at Boardman Landing at about 10:35 AM. Water was up due to
      yesterdays rain. We couldn't have had better weather if we had
      orderesd it special .Green trees reflected in black water was a
      butiful sight. Wildlife seen were turtles, and birds ,including a
      barred owl, a water thrush, and one or more blue herons. We
      stopped at for breaks at Parkers Landing and Red Barn for breaks.
      When we got to Griffin Whirl we found Mike and Liz Britt on the
      observation deck waiting to great us.After landing at Princess Ann
      and loading our boats on the vehicles we joined other members at the
      covered pavillion for burgers, hotdogs,annd other delicious food.
      Paddlers on the float were Wayne and Lynda Charles, Bill Clark,Jim
      DePree, Rudolph Floyd, Harry Shaw, Cleon Lanier, Don and Sandy Meece
      Omer Register and his grandaughter Angela,Mary Martha Vaught, and
      Marshall Thompson. Thanks to Omer Register and Frank Dupin for
      shuttling drivers back from Princess Ann. Thanks to Jim McDermott
      for buying food and cooking,and to all those who brought food to the
      event.I don't know If i can list all the others who attended but I
      will try. There was my wife, Charlotte, Frank's wife Katie, Bob and
      Frances Roberson, Virginia Broadwell, Jims wife Mary Ann McDermott
      and daughter Dana. If I left anyone off the list I apoligize, There
      was no sign up sheet for the picnic.