Apr. 15 Float Report Boardman to Pr.Anne

  • canoeman32
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 15, 2000
      Apr.15,2000 . Today five LRCC members taking a
      chance on the weather, put in the Lumber at the landing
      off of Rt. 74 near Boardman, NC for a trip down to
      the park hdq. at princess Anne. There was a light
      mist or drizzle for part of the trip but not enough to
      get us wet. A misty fog over the water gave the river
      an erie look.<br> Many downed trees made navagating
      interesting but did not require pulling over logs. There was
      enough water , 5.67 ft. at Boardman, to get around
      everything. About 4.4 miles , (1 hr. and 20 minutes down), we
      stopped for lunch . The 8.5 miles from Boardman to
      princess anne was covered in 2 hours and 50 minutes not
      counting the lunch break. <br>We saw the gator again on
      this trip. This time it was snoozing on a
      log.<br>Paddlers on this float were Andy Harnsberger,the leader,
      Don & Sandy Meece,Frank Dupin, and yours truly. The
      others stayed to camp at Princess Anne. I came home to
      care for horses and sleep in a nice warm bed. Char and
      I will join the group tomorrow for the trip from
      Pr. Anne to Fair Bluff.<br>Marshall