South River Trip Report

  • domeece
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 8, 2000
      8 April - 23 paddlers put in at Hwy 41 and took
      out at the boating access area at Ennis Bridge on the
      South River between Sampson and Bladen County. Once
      again we had a beautiful day and beat the
      thunderstorms. Water level was approximatley 6 feet lower than
      where it was on the scouting trip on 26 March and so
      that meant trees to cut and pull over and several
      portages, but with good teamwork we made it. Deer, bushy
      tail fox squirrel, turtles, ducks, and snakes were all
      observed. Leader was Don & Sandy Meece, and othe paddlers
      included members, Mike & Maria Boyle, Anna Marie Davis,
      Cynthia OBrien, Debbie New and Jim New, Pam Cline,
      Charles West, Frank Dupin, Bill Clark, Al Pittman, Mike &
      Liz Britt, Mia & Jim McDermott, Al & Laura Benshoff,
      and the following guests, Brenda Mauer, Dallas
      Alford, Micah Boor,and Jameson McDermott. Trip was
      approximately 8-10 miles, depending who had the right GPS
      signal, and took 6 hours with two breaks.