Club Float on Lumber Oct.29

  • Marshall Thompson
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 3, 2005
      Since by now I guess it's safe to say that Bob is not going to write
      a report on his trip, I offer this brief account. Eight LRCC members
      and one guest put in the Lumber at Boardman Landing between 10:30 and
      11:00 AM. A Park sponsord trip led by a ranger put in at the same
      time. We ran into them several times durring the day. Our group got
      strung out at times but got together for lunch at Parkers Landing
      #1.Downriver, while on a shortcut, we saw a great blue heron. Don and
      Sandy took a photo which may be found on lrccmessagebd on yahoo groups.
      There were no portages or pullovers on this trip. We took out at
      Princess Ann Landing at about 2:00PM. Paddlers on this trip were Bob
      Guckel,the trip leader paddling with his brother from Montana, Rudy
      Floyd, Don and Sandy Meece, Jim DePree, Mitch Lloyd, Omer Register,and
      Marshall Thompson