Scout Trip July 26,2005

  • Marshall Thompson
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 29, 2005
      On Tuesday a group organized by Frank Dupin explored Red Bluff
      Lake,where the Little Pee Dee River Offically begins. With the help of
      some fishermen we found the mouth of Gum Swamp Creek,(called Gum Swamp
      Run by the locals). We paddled up the run to the bridge on New Bridge
      Rd. We ate lunch there, then paddled back to the dam at Red Bluff Lake.
      This was a very pretty,and fortunately mosty shady trip.Saw several
      houses near the banks of the lake and on the banks of the run.We also
      saw a great blue heron. The next bridge upstream from where we
      stopped is on Pea Bridge Rd. right at the NC/SC line. More scouts are
      planned,but going down stream nextime. Paddlers on this trip were
      Diane Smith, Omer Register, Frank Dupin, and Marshall Thompson.