Club Float Feb. 26,2000

  • charvt
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 26, 2000
      Today eleven members of Lumber River Canoe Club
      and one guest put in the Lumber at " High Hill", the
      wildlife area on Rt. 72 downstream from Lumberton,NC . We
      paddled down to Mathews Bluff, a <br>distance of about
      eight miles . Water was high, (7.32 ft. on the gauge at
      Boardman). There was a lot of downfall butg we got around
      all of it due to the efforts of Frank, Charles, and
      Marshall, who scouted the trip and trimed branches and
      briars to make a path.The trip took just over 5 hours
      including long breaks at Tarkle Landing and Horse Bluff
      Landing.This section is trully wild and scenic with lots of
      spanish moss, cypress trees and wildlife. Charles West
      and Marshall Thompson led the trip. Other paddlers
      were Mike and Liz Britt,Anna Marie Davis, Roger
      Gaby,Danny and Diane Isom,Jim Johnson, Al Pittman,Terry
      Smith, and Shawn Tenace.