South River Scouting Trip

  • domeece
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 13, 1999
      12 Dec - Frank Dupin, Charles West, and myself
      scouted the South River near Autryville, NC and finally
      put in at Hwy 242 South of Roseboro, NC. We paddled
      up river for about 3 hours and crossed what seemed
      like 40 or 50 trees, although the number was about
      15-20 in reality. A lot of downfall from the hurricanes
      this year and evidence of cleanup from hurricane Fran
      in 1996. We paddled back down to the 242 bridge in
      about an hour and then went farther South with no
      downfall or difficulty encountered. This would be a
      possible trip coming up for the club from the Hwy 242
      bridge down to the next bridge. It is not listed in the
      Paddlers Guide to Eastern NC but probably should be in any
      updates as it is a pretty section and right now the water
      lever is good.<br>Don Meece