Fair Bluff Christmas Decorated Boat Parade

  • domeece
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 13, 2003
      Today, the town of Fair Bluff, NC, held its annual Christmas in Fair Bluff, with a parade, crafts, floats, etc. Members of the club also
      participated in the decorated boat float. The winners were first place for $100, Tom & Mary Florian with their dog Conan. Tom was in
      one kayak dressed as Santa in a with a cut out of a sleigh taped on the kayak. Mary was in a front kayak dressed as a reindeer
      along with Conan with reindeer antlers, all pulling Tom. Second place and $50, went to Marshall and Charlotte Thompson, with their
      boat decorated as as house with Santa in the chimney, carrying a bag of presents. Other members participating were Jim DePree
      with his kayak decorated with mistletoe, but no kisses, Richard Willis, from River Bend Outfitters, with his canoe decorated with a
      manger scene, and Sandy and I with our canoe decorated with snow, a Christmas Tree with natural decorations entitled "Christmas
      on the River". The Fair Bluff Fire and Rescue Dept, also had a big rescue jon boat decorated with a big tree. It was cold and windy
      but everyone was in good spririts. Mary Martha Vaught was our designated club representative on shore. After the float, Tom & Mary
      treated everyone to a great late lunch. Everyone that entered recieved $25 for their materials/gas in order to participate. Hopefully
      next year more members will show up.