Oct 11/12 New River Trip Camp

  • Don Meece
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 1, 2003
      The club trip on 11 Oct will be on the New River (White Oak Basin)
      near Jacksonville, NC. We will put in on Saturday at Rhodestown Rd.
      (Onslow Co Rd 1316) and paddle down to Jeff Harnsberger's Marina in
      Jacksonville, a distance of about 10.5 miles. This section is in Paul
      Ferguson's book Paddling Eastern NC on pages 388-391 and is trip #3.
      Jeff Harnsberger is allowing us to camp on his grass at the marina
      Saturday night and will run the shuttle for us Saturday. He is going
      to leave the marina open for bathroom (no shower) and has said there
      will be a gas grill for us to use, or if you want to bring a camp
      stove you can, or eat out, as there are plenty of restaurants in the
      immediate area. Possibly if anyone wants to do the trip #2 on Sunday
      we can do it. This is from NC24/258 to Rhodestown Rd, 5.7 miles.
      Jeff also has some kayaks and canoes that can be rented so if you know
      anyone who wants to come and needs to rent a boat, contact me and I
      will give you Jeff's number. LET ME KNOW AS SOON AS YOU CAN IF YOU
      ARE COMING SO I CAN LET JEFF AT THE MARINA KNOW.