Eric? I think NASA wants your game idea :o)

  • RanulfC@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 30, 2008
      NASA has put out an RFI for a Massive-Multi-Player-On-Line-LEARNING-game and
      is seeking input!
      RFI information and explination here:
      _http://procurement.nasa.gov/cgi-bin/eps/synopsis.cgi?acqid=128415_
      (http://procurement.nasa.gov/cgi-bin/eps/synopsis.cgi?acqid=128415)

      Randy

    • Eric Hunting
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 3, 2008
        Thanks a lot for pointing this out. I probably would have never found
        out about this otherwise.

        I think this is worth making a pitch, though reading their
        descriptions it looks like they are thinking more along the lines of
        Second Life than Sim City. But then, it also seems like that have only
        the most nebulous ideas of what they would intend to do with a VR
        gaming environment anyway. It reads sort of along the lines of; "We
        just discovered Second Life. Lots of people there. Maybe we should get
        in on that action. But what do we do with it?" I get the impression
        they haven't done much research into game design, the spectrum of game
        genres, or why certain types of graphics environments tend to only be
        employed with certain genres. But since they are a bit nebulous on
        this, that might actually help with the M3 game concept. Worth a shot.

        Eric Hunting
        erichunting@...